UK launched a new immigration route this week aimed at attracting top talent.
The new Scale Up Visa system aims to encourage innovation by streamlining the process for “Scale Up’ businesses to bring those who are “very highly skilled” and “academically elite” o the UK, the government announced on 22 August 2022.
To be eligible for a Scale-up visa, you will need a sponsor. Your UK employer must meet specific eligibility criteria to sponsor scale-up workers.
- have a confirmed job offer to work for an approved scale-up business for atleast 6 months
- have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
- have a job offer to do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
- be paid a minimum salary in your new job
Proficiency in English:
You’ll usually need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply, unless you did this in a previous successful visa application.
You can prove your knowledge of English by:
- passing a Secure English Language Test (SELT) from an approved provider
- having a GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, Scottish Higher or ‘Advanced Higher in English, gained through study at a UK school that you began when you were under 18
- having a degree-level academic qualification that was taught in English – if you studied abroad, you’ll need to apply through Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) for confirmation that your qualification is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD
You must apply online for a Scale-up Worker visa.
Documents you’ll need:
- your certificate of sponsorship reference number – your employer will give you this
- proof of your knowledge of English
- a valid passport or another document that shows your identity and nationality
- your job title and annual salary
- your job’s occupation code
- be on your certificate of sponsorship
How soon can you apply?
With a Scale-up Worker visa, you can stay in the UK for 2 years, and apply to extend your visa when it expires.
You can extend your visa as many times as you like by 3 years, as long as you still meet the eligibility criteria. After 5 years, you may be able to apply to settle permanently in the UK.
How much will it cost?
‘You, your partner or children will each need to:
- pay the £715 application fee
- pay the healthcare surcharge – this is usually £624 per year
- support yourself when you arrive in the UK – you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you’re exempt)
‘This is good for those who want to shift to the UK. This is a new line of VISA for UK. It requires minimum graduation in any faculty with English like SELF. It also requires an offer letter from employers in UK.
‘Students must try this product of VISA to settle down in UK. The Economy of UK has been widely affected due to the Corona pandemic, UKRAINE WAR, Take benefit of this VISA & apply through the proper channel
Any queries regarding UK immigration, please contact our expert counselor only at firstname.lastname@example.org