Multiple Choice Single And Multiple Choice Multiple Answers:
1) Always read the question before going to the passage as this will let you know what to read for.
2) Follow the Scanning strategy for the answer choices. This will help you to understand what information you need to search for.
3) Follow the Skimming strategy in order to get the general content and main idea.
4) Look for the topic sentence or main idea of the paragraph which becomes the first sentence of the arrangement.
5) Look for connecting words or conjunctions – Furthermore, Moreover, Nevertheless, However, But, Also, etc. Remember sentences beginning with these words will not come in the first.
6) Look for the sentences which consist of pronouns – It, them, they, he, she, him, her, these, those, those, etc., as they refer to something which may connect to the previous sentence.
7) Find out clues such as and, but, finally, firstly, secondly, finally, lastly, next, after, then, etc., which gives a hint of the logical order of the sentences.
8) After you are done with your arrangement, re-read the paragraph to verify whether it is in a sequence or making proper sense and meaning or not.
Reading: Fill In The Blanks And Reading & Writing: Fill In The Blanks:
9) Follow the skimming strategy to get an idea of general content or the main gist.
10) Use your knowledge of vocabulary and check for the grammatical clues. After finishing the answers, check whether they are grammatically fixing in the sentence or not.
11) Use your knowledge of idioms and collocations as these will help you find out whether any of the options are having common expressions.
12) Always check the time on the screen. This is going to help you manage your time and never make such a mistake in your PTE by missing this out.
13) Whatever the question is – focus on the KEYWORDS such as always, sometimes, often, all, never, only, many and so on.
14) Do not leave any question unanswered except for Multiple Choice Multiple Answers as this particular question type has negative marking. For the others, if you are unable to make it, guess.
15) If you come across any high vocabulary and unable to make the meaning of it, try to derive the meaning from the content of the sentence.
16) Always eliminate the options which are incorrect in order to avoid confusion while reading in PTE.
17) Concentrate on the tenses while reading in PTE for fill in the blanks.