The Germany job seeker visa is an initiative provided by the German Federal Government with the aim of encouraging qualified professionals to enter into the country to find a job and settle to work in the long-term. The full name for it is “Temporary residence permit for qualified skilled workers seeking employment”.
What is the scheme “Germany Job Seeker Visa”?
Germany, being a hot destination and student’s best choice to study, also attracting millions of skilled workers to work and settle in the country for a long time.
Moreover, it is one of the top nations with the lowest rate of unemployment in the EU zone from 2004-2019. Now, became the most lucrative option for workers from STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) backgrounds.
Section 18C clearly explains the legal basis of the German job seeker visa.
The Germany job seeker visa is eligible to enter the country, lookout for a job and travel anywhere in Germany. Once you find of your choice, apply for a work permit followed by permanent residency status.
This allows the holder to stay in Germany for 6 months and search for the job of your choice. You can access the German’s job market.
Now it’s time to prepare your set of required documents for applying for a Germany job seeker visa.
Here is a checklist of documents to obtain a job seeker visa:
- A valid passport that is issued in the past 10 years and valid for at least one year after your scheduled return.
- Passport data page copy
- 3 Passport pictures
- A cover letter explaining your visit’s objective plans to find employment, and your alternative career plans if you cannot find a job in a German or non-German university. You even need to provide the certification of your work experience.
- Diploma of your degree as well as any certificates of previous work experience
- Your detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Proof of your accommodation (where you are going to stay during your visit)
- A valid proof of financial means covering all the costs for the time of your stay in Germany:
- A formal obligation letter by a sponsor who is living in Germany
- The bank account statement, or Blocked bank account.
- Proof of personal status in your home country like birth certificate, marriage certificate and others
- Proof of your health insurance
- To fulfill your German job seeker visa requirements, prepare two sets of all the above-mentioned documents and take them to the application center.
- Make sure to provide all the essential documents so that you can avoid last-minute restrictions.
What is the eligibility of the Germany job seeker visa?
For applying for a Germany job seeker visa, you must possess the following:
- You must be a graduate degree or master’s degree holder from a German university or any foreign university equivalent to it.
- You must have at least five years of working experience.
- You must show proof of enough funds to support your stay in Germany.
- You should have a medical or travel insurance covering your period of stay until the permit is granted for residence in Germany.
- You must show a minimum liquid cash of 3.5 lakhs.
What is the cost of a Germany work visa?
You should contact a person at a German Consulate in your country of residence. Moreover, it takes 6-11 weeks to complete the Germany job seeker visa process and costs approximately 60 Euros i.e., 4,756.98 in Indian rupees.
What is the process of a Germany job seeker visa from India?
Germany has one of the world’s fastest and well-organized immigration processes. The best way of migrating to Germany is only through a job seeker visa. Applying for a Germany job seeker visa has no strict requirements and is a very simple process.
Here are some steps to follow for applying for a Germany job seeker visa.
Step 1. Collect all the essential documents to submit your visa application. This includes your educational, language proficiency, work experience, and personal identity documents.
Step 2. Arrange the required funds to have for your Germany job seeker visa. As we already know, you have to show enough funds to support yourself during your stay in Germany.
Step 3. Get all the documents attested and recognized. You must have your documents ready and translated either in German or English language for the visa application. In most cases, you must get your professional and educational documents attested and recognized by a German authority.
Step 4. Before applying, get some information on the German job market and immigration.
Step 5. Do learn enough German that helps you enhance your chances of getting a job to get your job done in Germany.
Step 6. Arrange your accommodation you have to show your accommodation proof while applying for the visa. It can be a private flat, accommodation provided by your relatives or friends, or a shared space.
Step 7. Get an appointment from the embassy and submit the Germany job seeker visa application.
Step 8. The next step is submitting the visa application along with the required documents.
Step 9. Attend for the interview
Step 10. Pay the visa fees
Step 11. Finally, your application will be forwarded to the visa officer to process further. Sometimes, it may take from one to two months.
Therefore, follow these simple steps to get Germany job seeker visa to find your dream job in the country and thus permit you to get a permanent residence in Germany.
Now, let’s look at some frequently asked questions (faqs) to get a Germany job seeker visa.
How long does it take to get a Germany job seeker visa?
Usually, it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get a Germany job seeker visa.
Is it easy to get a job in Germany on a job seeker visa?
Even it is possible to remotely find a job and move to Germany. If you are able to meet potential employers, the chances of success are much higher. However, the Germany job seeker visa is a permit, which allows you to enter Germany and find your dream job.
Is IELTS required for Germany’s job seeker visa?
To validate your English language proficiency, a world-renowned English skill test like IELTS is required. Likewise, to enter Germany for any student/job visa, it is essential to take the IELTS test and attain a good score.
Can I extend my job seeker visa in Germany?
You can extend your residence up to a maximum of 18 months if you were on a student’s residence after completing your studies successfully at one of the local Germany universities.
Is it possible to get a job in Germany from India?
An Indian, who has completed a bachelors or master’s degree in India and holds work experience in the same field of past study, can apply for a Germany job seeker visa.
How can I get an appointment for a Germany job seeker visa?
Appointments for Germany job seeker visa
For submission of your Germany job seeker visa application, visit your nearest visa application center, please schedule an appointment at Texasreview.in by telephone (+91 9100444920) or online. Tel. +91 9100444916 (Mon-Sat: 10:00 – 19:00 hrs.)